All the photos that were made during the IUPC competition and were handed over to jury are subordinated to Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (cc by-nc-nd) license. This means that we may copy, distribute and transmit the photos under the following conditions:
- The publishing of the photo must be attributed with the author’s full name and surname each time it is published.
- The publishing is allowed only for non-commercial purposes for promotion of underwater photography and IUPC.
- It is NOT allowed to alter, transform, or build upon these photos.
With the understanding, that any of the above conditions can be waived if the author gives his written permission. Where the photos or any of the elements are in public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license. In no way are any of the following rights affected by license:
- Our dealing or fair use right, or other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations;
- The author's moral rights, that encompass the right to be correctly identified as the author as well as the right to object to derogatory treatment of author’s photo;
- Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
Notice: For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work.
We assure all the authors that the photos will be used only for non-commercial promotional purposes with publishing only original art work accompanied with author’s full name and surname each time.
We will usually distribute photos of 900x600px in size but never above the maximum resolution of 2000x1350px. In this way in nature at press quality (300dpi) the picture is no bigger than 17 x 11,5cm.